Oh yeah, about the Greek Gods and myths. LOVED reading about them as a kid and still enjoying finding books on them, especially novels which draw on the myth to write an interesting story based on it but really fresh in delivery.
I really liked one particular illustrated book as a kid and I still think it is one of the best to introduce anyone to the myths. Had a lot of the meat of the story without being too gory for kids, yet was not very sanitized either. It is called "D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths" and the listing at amazon.com is glowing too.
Read some the reviews and not just the few on the page. Click the button at the bottom to see more of them, they sound like me. I haven't read all 60 reviews, just the first page or so.
If you want a book on Greek myths for your kids, this is the one. The illustrations stuck with me as a kid and remain some of my favorites. I find it amazing so many other people had such a positive experience from this book and the illustrations stuck with them as well. Too cool!
When I got to junior high they made us read Edith Hamilton's book, which was dreck. Don't let your kids suffer through it!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*